**** NOTICE ****
Jail Population Report
The Above Jail Population Report is updated every hour at 5 minutes after the hour.
The Glynn County Sheriff’s Office will serve the citizens of Glynn County by professionally
and efficiently maintaining peace, protecting life, protecting property and providing service
to the community in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and the State of Georgia.
More specifically, the duties of the Glynn County Sheriff’s Office include operating the Glynn County
Detention Center, serving as an officer of the Courts to provide safety and security, and serving
criminal warrants, subpoenas and civil processes.
Goals and Objectives:
Safely serve all criminal warrants received in the Sheriff’s Office sent by the Courts and
other agencies both in and out of state.
- Prioritize order of service according to defendant’s threat to community.
- Utilize strategic planning and adequate staffing when serving high risk warrants.
Serve all Civil Processes and maintain a nearly 100% success rate.
- Ensure civil papers are promptly logged in and assigned for service.
- Ensure adequate time is available to serve the processes correctly.
Maintain the Sex Offender Registry for Glynn County
- Ensure all Offenders are properly registered and that information is correctly
reported to the Georgia Crime Information Center.
- Ensure quarterly verifications are completed and offenders not in compliance
To make safe and timely transports of Inmates and Mental Health Patients to various prisons and
institutions throughout the state.
- Provide proper training and equipment for the transport of various classifications
- Ensure the fleet is in safe and prepared condition for transporting inmates and patients.
Maintain a safe and secure Courthouse for all Judges, Employees and the General Public.
- Ensure all Deputies/Court Security Officers are properly trained using the
security devices and tools available at the Courthouse.
- Staff all Courts with an adequate number of trained Deputies to oversee all Courts in session.
Operate the Glynn County Detention Center in a safe and constitutional manner.
- Enforce all established policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper staffing within the facility and appropriate scheduling.
The Glynn County Sheriff’s Office currently provides court security for three (3) Superior
Courts Courtroom, The State Court, The Magistrate Court, and The Juvenile Court of Glynn County.
In addition, we provide for the overall security of the Courthouse and the new Juvenile Court Facility
located in the Office Park Building on Gloucester Street. The Sheriff’s Office serves in excess of 15,000
civil processes and 2,000 criminal warrants every year. The Deputies average approximately 1,100 inmate
transfers to the Department of Corrections and 500 Mental Health Transports per year to locations throughout
the State of Georgia. The Glynn County Sheriff’s Office monitors over 150 sex offenders, investigates, and pursues prosecution of offenders in violation. The Sheriff’s Office operates in the Glynn County Sheriff's Complex and our total maximum inmate capacity is 612.
E. Neal Jump
Sheriff, Glynn County
As the Sheriff of Glynn County, I welcome you to the Glynn County Sheriff's Office Homepage.
Hopefully, our user-friendly website will aid you in obtaining the information and/or services
you need. If not, please feel free to call us any time.
100 Sulphur Springs Rd.
Brunswick, GA. 31520
Office Main Number
Main Fax Line